Friday 1 April 2011

Thomas The Tank Engine and Uncle Henry's

A really random small parcel dropped onto my doormat today.  A little blue package all the way from that ole London town - sent by my friend Liz.
A Ladybird book!!  I love them, and have a nice little collection, they remind me of my childhood, I used to read and re-read the stories, my favourites were The Elves and the Shoemaker and The Magic Porridge Pot.  Liz sent me Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends.  Not one, but two whole Thomas stories to read and love.  My little nephew Dylan is a big fan of Thomas too, so this one will be much loved by both of us.
Thanks Liz xx

I've taken a few days Annual Leave this week, I was off yesterday and today and have Monday too.  I spent most of yesterday 'de-cluttering' - I have a lot of clutter to shift!  How can two people, living in a small house amass such a lot of junk, paperwork and general tat??  I've filled bags for the charity shop, boxes of papers for my Dad to burn on his bonfire and I've still not finished!   So today, as a treat I went to Uncle Henry's for lunch with my friend Caroline.   Uncle Henry's is a fabulous, award-winning farm shop and cafe.  It's always busy and the food is always delicious.  Hot roast pork and stuffing baguette, potato wedges and salad followed by a milky latte all went down a treat.  They have some really gorgeous gifts in their shop too - I could have spent a fortune, but didn't, because of course I am de-cluttering not adding!!

1 comment:

  1. Aww cute! I remember we had a lot of non fiction ladybird books in our house.

    ReplyDelete