Friday 13 May 2011

A New Camera and The Yorkshire Wildlife Park

I was lucky enough to bag a great new camera through the Amazon Vine programme last month.  It's a Nikon S9100 Coolpix Digital and worth around £300, so you can imagine how chuffed I was to get it to review.
To be honest, I'm not the greatest photographer in the world, nor do I like anything that's too complicated.  I'm a bit of a point and shoot sort of girl, and although it's great to have the special effects and little extras, it will be Martin that uses those I suspect.
Great photo eh?
So we took the camera with us to the Yorkshire Wildlife Park during the Bank Holiday weekend at the beginning of the month.  We went with my brother James, and my eight-year old nephew Dylan.  It's just outside Doncaster, only around 20 minute drive from us and it really is a great day out.  I was really impressed by how clean the park was and the animals are fantastic.  My favourites were the Meerkats and the Lemur House.  The Lemurs roam free within the enclosure and come right up close - they were so funny.
Well, back to the camera.   It's fabulous!   The zoom lens is brilliant, we got some great photos of the Lions and although they were quite a distance away from us, the photos are really good close ups.  I'm very impressed with it.  It's really sleek and super simple to use.  The perfect camera for what I want, and also has the little extras that gadget-mad Martin likes to play about with.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - How lucky are you. I hope to one day get chosen for the Amazon Vine Programme. I try to review everything on Amazon that I buy. So you never know.
    I like Canon Camera's. I have one on my mobile phone and it's a great camera. My husband has a lovely Canon Camera too which does far more than I can cope with. I like a point and shoot camera.
    I absolutely love Meerkats. They have such wonderful characters and you can put words in their mouths. I love the photo you took.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually didn't know that there was a wildlife park in Yorkshire!! I really want to go now, I love that you can get close to the animals...

    I am also very jealous that you got a camera from Vine! I haven't been offered any electricals yet, probably because my reviews have mostly been books so thats what Vine offers me. Still, one can live in hope!

    ReplyDelete